Monday, April 11, 2005

He Went On Down To New Orleans

Bill Ives has a very good blog called, Portals and KM. He writes about the use of portals, blogs and knowledge management for business organizations during the week and focuses on food and music on the weekends. His kind references to my writing and this blog have been greatly encouraging to me.

Today, I read about his recent trip to New Orleans and I want to share his view of what he experienced here. He covered a lot of ground during his visit and his take on our city is straightforward and very accurate. I winced when I read that he went to Snug Harbor; knowing full well how disapointing that must have been to someone who knew it before the change. Thankfully, his time on the rest of Frenchmen Street made up for the canned tourist-focused letdown that has turned many off of what once was a music institution.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Ives said...

Thanks for your kind words. I am glad to see that I am not alone on my views at Snug Harbor. I really appreciate your suggesstions and used them even more than indicated. I continue to enjoy your blog. It is better than a New Orlenas paper to stay in tocuh with my home town.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

**blush** :)

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home