Monday, May 16, 2005

Tiger By The Tail

The house is half in order and the eldest has been whisked off to school. I'm grabbing the chance for a coffee break. I've also been catching up my daily reading of blog postings and news items and it seems to be an especially good day for blogging; so far I have been delighted by:

YatPundit, who today explains (with pictures) a local favorite - the Hubig's Pie. He shows all three varieties including the elusive family size pie.

Then over at Portals and KM, Bill Ives points out a new experiment in audio blogging that Amanda Wallington has just tried. She made a short little friday the thirteenth video post from her home office. It really shows the growth that blogging has gone through and the possibilities for development ahead.

I have noticed that as blogging becomes more popular, what people choose to do with their blog grows, too. There are those such as myself who, for various reasons, keep more than one blog. Then there is the growing trend of collaborative/team blogging. Examples of which can be found at sites like the newly launched Humid City and at New Orleans Metroblogging. Both have more than one writer contributing to the same blog. It should be really interesting to see what comes out of this medium next.

Well, writing this has helped get my brain sparked up. That means it is time to get some work done. I hope everyone has a non-painful Monday!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I think blogging is going to become what small town newspapers used to be, to an extent.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Loki said...

In my opinion it's time to reclaim the job the Fourth Estate has fallen down on. It is also a fantastic way to build community in the disassociated urban environment / culture.

By the way, thanks for the commments on Humid City. I am adding a number of new team members including a poet, a photographer, and more. As a matter of fact I was considering asking you if you would care to add your voice to the cacophany. Would you be interested?

-Loki, Humid City Team Leader

12:26 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

You welcome Loki!:) I like where you're going with the concept of Humid City. I think it will grow for you a lot faster than Silver Machine did. I think team blogging can go toward building streangth in communities such as the arts. I don't think I can be depended on keep up regularly with more than the two blogs I run already. It is easiest to just link to me when you think something I've posted is of interest to your readers. HSC is pretty much my perspective of everyday living here and http://creative-display.blogspot.com/ is just my artblog/catalog. Have fun at the Flash Art show tonight! I'm too lazy(exauhsted)to get out on Fridays anymore but, I'll post a link for it(or any other ahow you have) here later just to pass the word.:)

10:58 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

*Previous post deleted because I hit the post button twice.DOH!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Blue, I think it is like that in a way. Only now the paper boy's got a jet pack instead of a 10 speed.;)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Carrie Guevara said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

I am such a spaz with these buttons today....
Spelling correction:Have fun at the Flesh Art Show!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home