Friday, June 24, 2005

Breakin' Friday

It's been quite a productive week for me but I'm glad it's over. To avoid the sharpest of grief's thorns I have worked myself to near physical exhaustion. The benefit is that our little cottage is neat as a tack, all the prep for the girl's birthday tommorow is done and, my web worksheet has all of it's to-dos checked off. This is the only way I know how I deal with this kind of sorrow. My heart has finally come to terms with a loss it can not retrieve. I feel a lot more like myself again.

Now, it's time for the weekend and some celebration of life!!!

My girls have their birthday party this Saturday. I have had the most fun planning this one than any other year before. We're holding it outside at one of the parks and the theme is "Circus Carnival".

Holding a birthday party for two girls during the heat of summer with a family as large as ours is a bit tricky. We have a mix of small kids and elderly people to consider. (More than a few of each too). Into planning must come - comfort, attention span (for both groups), the heat (good lawd) and most important did our baby girls like their party. Oh, let's not forget: "how big a bang for how small a buck" is also real biggie.

We did a great job of it this year even of I do say so myself. The party will be held at a park where we're previously attended a party before. We know beforehand where to set up so that shade and seating is possible.

One of my guy's employees is a caterer on the side. As a gift to our kids this year, he is loaning us a big table, canopy,f and a bunch of chairs. Is that cool or what? Gracias Jose!

We'll pick up a couple of sandwhich plates and some veggies for the food. With more people attending than usual it will be a large sheet cake for dessert and ice cream cups instead of anything elaborate.

Since, kids will drink anything red (it has to be a scientific fact somewhere, I swear) it's Hawiian Punch for them and canned sodas for the adults. I'm also tossing some freezy pops into the cooler just for fun. Then for the flashy stuff (sugar!!!) I bought a whole assortment of candies such as red licorice strings, lolly pops and such to fit with the circus theme. Also peanuts in the shell somehow seems fitting.. For containers, I found some big plastic sand buckets on sale in realy pretty colors. Napkins and plates in bright balloon colors and a pretty table covering will be simple yet festive.

In lieu of organized games we are going to play with bubbles. I'm bringing a big purple turtle shaped sand box/pool that is cleaned out and will be filled with a few gallons of bubble mix. I've made "bubble wands" out of wire coat hangers. The kids should have good time with that.

For the big finish we're doing a "Sponge Bob" pinata. Instead of straight candy I'm using the filling mix that has both toy trinkets together with sweets. That way I don't have to assemble goodie bags and it's a good way to end the party. Sweet and simple.`


Happy Friday Ya'll!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger alberthaanstra said...

Hi Blogger! Ik ben op zoek naar kredieten Zou Afab echt zo goed zijn als iedereen beweert? Of kan ik beter zoiets als Geldshop proberen?

Groetjes Albert

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home