Thursday, June 02, 2005

Remedial Knitting

I love yarn and other string textiles. The colors, textures and possiblitues for use can be endless. It is something that has always made me desire to be a good knitter. Mostly for the pure skill and stress relief that such a repetetive craft can bring.

Unfortunately, the needle skills that every female has in my family was not passed on to me . I can needlepoint, cross, and I'm not completely deficient at sewing. But I can't for the life of me get the hang of knitting! Which of course to me, becomes an irrisitable challenge.

So, I keep at it and try not to fight the proccess. All the while envying others who manage to actually make something from their stitches. Unlike my endless rows which must be pulled out and re-done constantly. Determination and bull dog tenacity is the only thing that keeps me going with my semi private hobby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Don't feel bad I can't knit either, nor sew, basket weave, or anything that involves building clothes. Now if you need a cabinet made I can help.

:-)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home