Monday, July 18, 2005

Back Home Below Sea Level

I've got a lot to catch up on this morning but I wanted to share a few pics from our trip -



My Dad's regular night spot. We hit town in time for dinner there. Three ladies were harmonizing beautifully with girl group standards of the 40's. The kids loved it!

















The next morning we stopped at William's Orchard on the way to my grandpa's house.














My purchases were a tomato ( which the youngest ate whole), some cherries for the eldest, apple butter (with some wierd religous scripture on the label) , and my fovorite thing ever- home made apple and peach turnovers.










I always forget how high up we go to get to my family's property. They are literally on a mountain.












Country Kitty.















Yes, that is a shrine to P. Bear Bryant. The beloved late coach of the Crimson Tide for so many years. Trust me, there are many other houses with the same. My grandpa has the best Roll Tide memorbilla collection I've ever seen. The whole top of the hallway in his house is llined with it!







Where I'm standing is one mis step away from tumbling a few hundred yards down a rocky hill.













We were not home more than half an hour before the youngest saw an oppurtunity to feed the fish. ALL of his food at once! A very patient and tired daddy saved the day by changing the water and cleaning out the whole tank. "Courtney" the fish looked on from a pitcher normally reserved for margarita hour.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bear brought his Top-Ranked Crimson Tide to Tiger Stadium on a Thanksgiving night in 1973 to play undefeated LSU. Originally scheduled for that Saturday night, they changed it to accommodate TV. A friend gave me his two tickets because he had other plans that Thanksgiving and the game was going to be on TV anyway. Bear, wearing that red blazer and his signature Houndstooth hat, paraded his football team, also wearing red blazers, on the field before the game to the crowds' chants of "Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait!". Bear was a crowd pleaser. It is one of my most unforgettable sports moments.

Rob
CrabAppleLane

5:15 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Beautiful pics. Yep Bryant is a hero to many in AL.

You know what the fish was saying? Man they could have filled this thing with matgarita instead of just water.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home