Friday, July 08, 2005

Panic Dance

Well, they're closing all the government buildings now. Which for me means the eldest had her day at camp cut short. What timing too! I was just finishing up a batch of soap and was prepping the youngest's lunch. Nap time for her and a coffee break for me was just around the bend. Then, I get the monkey-wrench call from my honey that child number one was on her way home and begging up a Happy Meal as consolation. Not really a big deal except that lunch was already in the oven here and, I had plenty to feed us all. But no more do I pull the wings off flies do I push a seven year old's emotional limit when she's had this big of a bummer dealt out So, gave in, stored the stuff I made and ate Mcjunk along with them. Man.

I just wish the school would have been able to stay open to let them finish out their day. It would have only been three more hours and I doubt we're in that imediate of a peril. Of course, just as I write this, the sky is darkening more by the minute. Ugh...
.

3 Comments:

Blogger YatPundit said...

you're a good mom, letting her have the junk food. I'm the same way, so long as I don't have to eat it. :-)

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Closings were inconvenient but surely necessary. Some preparations had to be made in the event the hurricane turned in our direction over the weekend and you pretty much have to do that while you have the manpower to do it. It would have been impossible to get the workforce back to make preparations once they left. Thankfully, it was only a minor inconvenience for most. Even more thankfully, it turned out to be unnecessary.

Rob
CrabAppleLane

1:04 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Yeah your right! Its much better to err on the side of caution. I never underestimate one of these things. My heart aches for Florida right now.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home