Saturday, August 27, 2005

Prepped Like A T-Day Turkey

We're ready to board up the windows, our hurricane kit is extra thick and our evacuation plan is a-go if need be. I've spent most of my life in hurricane areas and this is the very first storm that I've ever felt in fear of. I have a bad feeling about this bitch. Katrina looks like she wants to play and New Orleans may be the toy. The damage this thing could do is unthinkable. I hope we all make it through as safely as possible.

Since we're as ready as ready gets there's no since in worrying about it much more. Storm or not, it's still Saturday Night and I'm determined to get out for a spell. I've been stuck in art-clothes and the mommy zone all week. I have got to get girlied up and get out of here or I'm going crazy. Impending doom be damned.

Stay safe ya'll !!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger boneramafreak said...

I am stayin...stickin it out...good luck to you and yours!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Thank you!! You too!! :)

12:53 AM  
Blogger ...e... said...

get out of there now!! I hope you already did. I'm in Florida, I've seen this stuff south of me, you're not hanging around are you? please be already gone, and check in when it's all over. be safe.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care, girl. See you on the other side. I'm heartsick for the pending disaster heading for New Orleans.

Rob
CrabAppleLane

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Tigerpixie said...

OMG!! I hope that you guys leave town!!! Katrina is a big bad monster!!!! Please stay safe!!!! (((((HUGS)))))

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jayanne said...

What tigerpixie said!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Hope y'all left, I know Stacey finally did. Stay safe! I'm heartbroken for New Orleans as well!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Sean from DocintheBox said...

Good luck!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Brady Westwater said...

I may be wrong - but it sems to me that the laid back attitude (more in demeanor than in action, but in some actions, too) your Mayor has taken has diminished the numbers of people who left New Orelans in time. And I can not understand why every school bus in the state has not been commandered to get the poorest, most vulnerable people away from danger.

But this is from my perspective on the West Coast. What do people back there feel? And I hope you realize that the whole country is hoping for the best - and ready to pitch in to help when the hurricane passes.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Of all things...I just found you via a circuitous route in the blogoshere. I sure hope that when you wonder back into this altered reality that you will hopefully fill those of us in on your reality. I sincerely hope that you and yours will weather the storm.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

you know more than i do, safe in oregon, but if it's not too late, it seems like you should leave. look at the maps.

the country's thoughts are with you.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home