Monday, August 08, 2005

Restless Natives

My guy and I had some "date time" saturday night at Dos Jefes. We met up with a few of his long distance cigar friends who are in town for the RTDA convention. He and I shared a yummy prime rib sandwich and a plate of their delicious oysters meniure. Sunpie Barnes had the zydeco flowing and the summery crowd was eating it up. It made for some great people watching and gave me some much needed artistic inspiration.

I spent sunday afternoon hanging out with my mamma and the kids in the FQ at Satchmo Fest. It was really hot and I think they need to erect some sort of shade but it's still one of my favorite local events. We ate fried boudin, grilled corn and the girls shared (I kid you not) a bbq pork chop on a stick. I sat in the grass and noshed while jazz and brass floated through the air and fell in love with the city all over again.

Now it's monday and I actually feel slightly refreshed for once. That's a good thing too because camp is over and I have two for one at home until school starts in two weeks.. I think that they are already planning a coup. My battle plan is to wear them down with fresh air and sidewalk chalk. Hopefully they'll give in and take a nap later while I get some actual work done. Or they'll tie me to a chair and set fire to my ankles. Either way it's a real win-win situation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

You can make kids tired? Please tell my sister your secret.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Oh and you really make me want to live in NO with all your descroptions.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Well, they never napped yesteday so I definitely haven't solved that puzzle yet! ;)

This will really make you want to move here:
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home