Friday, September 02, 2005

The Cruel Tutelage Of Katrina

I am in St. Mary's Georgia with family on my mother's side. My mamma is with me too, husband and kids are safe here and so are all the pets (except the poor fish). We are as good as can be expected. We have no plans at this time to move back to Louisiana or to recover what we even may have left in our home any time soon. My family is in the proccess of re-locating here. Like everyone else I am heartbroken and in a sorrowful amount of shock. Yet I am very lucky by most comparisons. After the weekend when my emotions have calmed down I will relay the story of what I and my family went through during the storm. Right now it is just too raw for me.

11 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

It is wonderful that you have made it, it is good to see that the greatest possesions, you and your family, made it through

12:21 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

thank you Blue! Tell some good jokes for me I need a good laugh right now okay?

12:43 PM  
Blogger beki said...

I'm glad to hear that you and your family are okay. Words can not even express how deeply saddened I am at the devestation of this storm.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am looking to house Katrina evacuees. Sounds like the apartment I have is too small for your family, but if you know of anyone that might be a good match by the description that I posted on my blog. Please tell them to call.
http://blueridgeblog.blogs.com

4:52 PM  
Blogger Tigerpixie said...

(((((((HUGS))))))) I'm glad you are all safe! Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you and your family.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

So thankful that you, your family, and pets (except fish) are together and safe! Good luck as you sort out your lives.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Pawpaw said...

I'm glad you made it out, and you're safe with family close by. Keep the faith. Americans are remarkably resilient people.

3:25 PM  
Blogger cherrybones said...

im so glad you are all safe.
Alex~

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Let me know if I can do anything for you

5:45 PM  
Blogger ...e... said...

sooo good to see you back.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been thinking about you and praying for you here in Southern California throughout the past week... I am so glad to hear you are physically safe. Please know our thoughts are with you and your family.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home