Friday, September 09, 2005

New Beginning Or Next Chapter?

I'm trying to decide what to do with this blog and it isn't easy. Memory lane is way too painful a place to visit right now. As we have no plans to return to New Orleans the chronicle of my life there has abruptly come to an end. I have zero mental strength to wax political or mourn openly any longer about events that can not be changed. My focus must be entirely upon acclimating myself and my family to St. Mary's. It's a lovely place with some very kind people who have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. I want to share what I find here and what our life turns out to be like. My question is - should I close Harmony St. Charles and start a new blog? Or should I just continue onto the next chapter such as real life dictates?

6 Comments:

Anonymous KOO said...

I believe you can take Harmony out of New Orleans, but you can't EVER take New Orleans out of Harmony ...true dat?
You will always be a fun lovin' southern gal, wherever you are planted...I stumbled on your blog as a result of Katrina, now check it daily and don't want to see you go. If needed, take a break and come back when you feel better. Be safe.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Tigerpixie said...

I do agree with what Koo said above but It's really up to you. I hope that you will keep some kind of journal. It's the only way that we are able to keep up with each other easily.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I think you should keep this journal, it is really you, not a street or city, a different blog would not change anything.

Just take some time off, relax and grieve if you need to. But the words written here are yours, so therefore it is you, and think of the conversations you that will be started when asked what the name means.

It may be painful at first, but if you remember the goodtimes it will not be that painful.

I will stop jabbering now. ;-)

11:01 PM  
Blogger ...e... said...

what they said

12:23 AM  
Blogger Pawpaw said...

Whether you keep it or change it or just let it slide, do what feels right for you.

When you make up your mind, let me know so I can adjust the links at my place.

Hugs.

Pawpaw.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Harmony,
Hi, I'm Renee; I live in New Roads, LA. Do you know where that is? Probably so. I just ran across your blog and just thought I'd put my two cents in about remaining Harmony St. Charles. YES!! You must keep up this blog; it's your history. New Orleans is a huge part of who you (and your entire family) are and it always will be. I know you'll always be a proud Louisianian at heart. I know I am.
Keep up the writing and I'll keep reading!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home