Friday, October 14, 2005

The Emotional Trinity

The Good:

I found a nice place here to get my hair done...

We have been walking to and from school. A very pretty walk if you don't mind being a mosquito buffet....

I discovered a used bookstore that is right accross the street from the school. It's ultra cute, has coffee, and is child friendly....

My guy and I found a local bar that is to our liking....

Seafood here is fresh, cheap and everywhere....

The weather is finally turning cooler...

The Bad:

I've had a lot of crying bouts this week...

The problems in NOLA seem to be getting worse....

Every good memory floods in the realization of loss...

My grief has not faded....

The Ugly:

So many faulting others who choose not to return....

A religous leader bringing in 150 carpetbaggers....

A local government that is cracked beyond repair...

A national government with shady intentions and the inability to really understand the scope of what's happened.....

NOPD is worse than ever...

Seeing my city eviscerated....

4 Comments:

Blogger Vee said...

You really got to the heart of all the issues NO is still struggling with. No one should fault you for getting the hell out of Dodge. If it weren't for the fact that ALL my family is here, I would probably be gone. I question our decision to return DAILY.

Jesse Jackson sucks.

I'm glad you are settling in. I would KILL for an open used book store right about now.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Hey Vee! That's just it- only those without kids seem to have an issue with those who choose not to return. Fellow parents such as yourself have been nothing but totally encouraging and supportive. Families like yours need to be given the assistance and care that is so deserved.

Yeah, Big J is definitely on my slapping list.

I look forward to the day when I hear that type of places is open there again. It will mean things are really better.

Hang in there and let me know when you get the box :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

*hug*

11:35 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Thanks Blue :)

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home