Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sentimental & Sneezing

The cold virus that is cycling through my house is a real hiefer. One moment we're all coughs and sniffles the next we're tricked into thinking it's almost over. Repeat. It's more of an annoyance than anything really. (A really annoying annoyance.) Still, it's temporary and very minor compared to what has occured in my (and everyone else's) life so recently.

I feel extremely fortunate to have so much of my own extended family around me right now. It's what I miss the most about New Orleans. My guy's family was a huge part of our lives there. Even if we didn't have time to see each other all of the time - we'd still run into one another regularly. That connection helped keep our sense of self well rooted. I'm grateful that we have some of the same here. I think it really makes a difference in our ability to heal.


2 Comments:

Blogger Vee said...

Thank you so much!! I can tell you know what we need around here. I can't wait to pick Cody up and show him. He likes getting things in the mail even more than I do and that's saying something.

I love Hazelnut Cream candles and I've never owned a coffee grinder before. I can't wait to get home and grind those beans up. It was so fun going through the box finding things here and there. You made my day. I can use everything last thing you sent. Thank you so much!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

You're welcome!!! :-)

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home