Monday, November 21, 2005

Dark Tunnels

I've been doing pretty well lately at keeping my emotions in check. Unfortunately, all that failed big time mid-Thursday when putting together a portfolio of my art and photo prints. I had to force myself to peruse file after file of pre-Katrina shots in New Orleans and it was physically painful. With each picture and print came the rush of loss and feelings that I was unprepared to face. There was also a vast amount news regarding the struggle for recovery by the city and it's people to proccess. All of it left me confused, drained and near hopeless in a very scary way.

So I took a break of sorts and spent a few days immersing myself in tons of movies, music and some early holiday shopping. I'm feeling much stronger now for having done so. The movies helped break reality's sting. The shopping gave me a chance to get some fresh air and time to myself for reflection. It helped me get a good grip on things and how they are no matter how I want them to be.

In short - grief sucks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I'll second that. Grief sucks.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

That must have been very difficult for you.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home