Friday, November 11, 2005

It Is So All About Me....

Well, sorta.

Monday is my birthday. So, this weekend (extra long due to today's holiday) is my time to celebrate surviving all the perils of this world for thirty one whole years. This year in particular is special because I really feel like one hell of a fortunate woman.

I'm a little wierd about presents and parties for myself though. It's just way too much attention for me to handle. I prefer a nice homemade dinner and one of my mamma's making some sort of sweet thing for me. My guy is the same way. (Which is kinda strange because we both love to throw parties for our kids and planning other events together.) He and I long had a deal worked together when it comes to gifting each other. Simple -we shop for ourselves. There are exceptions to the rule but, it keeps either of us feeling pressured to find the perfect thing at an already hectic time of the year. It also guarantees that we get exactly what we want.

This year my guy chose a verynice humidor for himself that goes very well with the modern/vintage decor that we lean towards. He likes it a lot and when there's any chance for him to have some personal joy it makes me happy. That's also how he feels when it's my turn. One of many reasons why he deserves how much I love him.

For myself I'll be adding a few needed pieces to my wardrobe, new shoes and I'm attending (crafty dork alert) Clay Quest 2006 which is taking place like eight blocks from my house for the next three days. It's a polymer clay convention which isn't my thing but, it will be all over the "Historical St. Mary's Area" . (Seriously, I've read up on this thing and heard tales of it around town. Apparently, it's supposed to have a sizable attendence.) Who knows, it could actually be a hoot. If nothing else, I'll get some good pictures and have a chance to meet the local merchants. It's also a good chance to get out all by myself without my children. They've been a handful all week and I need some space between me and their needs. In other words - daddy can wrangle the herd for awhile. That is a bigger gift to me right now than any money could buy.

So, off I go to see what in the heck a "ClayQuest" looks like...

P.S.
Let's not forget to thank my mamma who not only gave me the opportunity to be here but, also helped me manage to make it this far. Trust, it wasn's an easy job.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tigerpixie said...

Happy (early) Birthday!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo :D

8:36 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Thank you hon!!!!SWAK xoxo

6:30 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Happy, Happy. Have a day.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Thank you Rob!!! :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

UUhhhmmmm....so I am a day late and a dollar short!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Thank you, Blue!!!!!!!!!!! :)

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home