Sunday, November 06, 2005

Love That Letter Box

I lucked out this morning and found a great lineup of movies on one of my favorite channels, TCM. I just had the pleasure of watching All Fall Down with the flawless Eva Marie Saint and a very young Warren Beatty. Who is upstaged by the even younger Brandon De Wilde. (In my opinion he was a brilliant actor who passed way before his time.) Angela Landsubury (I love her wardrobe in this film) as a loving but overbearing mother and Karl Malden (loved him in Street Car Named Desire) as an exasperated, ambivilant, yet warm hearted husband and father. The set alone makes it a favorite of mine but the script is so good that the story has modern relevance. Having it on in letter box was a real treat. I happily watched it while drinking my coffee and actually enjoying an early sunday for once in quite awhile.

While my guy sleeps in a bit longer I'm going to pack up a snack and take the girls up to the park for a bit. The weather is really nice and it would be a shame to waste it by staying in all day. The girls have these new bubble wand gadgets that thier aunt gave them. We're going to go and have some fun with those and then sit in the big swings eating snacks while watching the boats. We really need to go make some good memories and I think now it as good as any to start.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Good memories can keep one happy in sad times

1:39 PM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Hey Blue! Yes it can :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

That trip to the park sounds great!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Harmony St. Charles said...

Hi Renee! It's a pretty place and we ended up having a really good time. I checked out your blog...your girls are sooo cute in their western wear! :)

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home